Monday, March 24, 2014

Words of Inspiration and Motivation

As an ECE worker you often have to be your own cheerleader and external motivation. The passion and inspiration you find must remind you daily of the importance of your work as well as who you are doing the work for. Listening to an interview with Raymond Hernandez, the Executive Director of the School of ECE @ University of Southern California, I heard him say something that resonated with me. Mr. Hernadez said, "...as an adult it is now my turn to create opportunities for parents and thier children." This statement illuminated my thinking and reminded me that the best educators and ECE workers where once great students and individuals who had childhood's that left such an impression they had an intrinsic desire to give back. On my most challenging days, I think about the importance of my work in the lives of children and it is just what I need to recharge.

Other quotes to recharge, inspire and ignite...

" Children are not succeeding because they are not given the tools they need not because they don't have the intelligence." (Louise Derman- Sparks)

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the statement is wonderful it is amazing how people go through their own personal endeavors that encourage them to become who they are later in life as child care providers or become advocates for the early childhood field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! People go through different things that get them to the stage they are at in their lives and it makes them who they are!

    ReplyDelete